Well, not really.
Having looked into things since Homestead, I'm only going to do one major change which is get rid of the half points idea (mainly since it's a PITA to work out *laugh*).
So, for those who have forgotten (including me), here is the way it works:
- Both titles for 26 rounds use an old V8 Supercar points system which only awarded the top 17 finishers (72, 60, 51, 45, 39, 36, 33, 30, 27, 24, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3, 1).
- Once the Chase guys are set, those 12 use the old CART points (20, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1). The remaining drivers use the V8 points, but these 12 are excluded from them (hypothetically, the 'winner' of a Chase race who isn't in the Chase could have actually finished 13th on the track).
- Washouts in qualifying don't count towards the QC.
- Bonus points for wins/poles are 4 x however many you start the Chase with (Hamlin, for example, started the '10 RC Chase off with 24 points since he had 6 wins). If a Chase guy wins a Chase race, they get an additional point (so 21 instead of 20).
- Leader after 26 rounds get 4 bonus points per round they clinched (eg: Harvick couldn't be topped in the '10 RC after race 23, so he got an additonal 12 points when the Chase started...not counting his wins).
Clear as mud? I'll try to remember to put the link for this piece in every update I do so people can check how it works fairly regularly.