- 22 starts in the Truck series, with one pole position and four top tens.
- 77 starts in Nationwide, four poles, 18 top tens and five wins (all on road courses).
- 226 starts in Cup, three poles, 46 top tens and two wins at the Glen.
So what will I most remember about Marcos Ambrose in NASCAR?
Well, I could go with the obvious meeting at Sonoma on race morning, or his first win…but I think I’ll go with something a little less obvious; the Truck series race in Kansas back in 2006.
- His first Cup start at Watkins Glen in 2008. Coming from the back when qualifying was rained out, Ambrose dragged the Wood Bros #21 to finish third.
- His first night Bristol race in 2009 where he finished third, behind Kyle Busch (who became the first, and so far only, driver to win all three races in a weekend).
- Finally getting that long overdue win at Montreal in 2011…having been the recipient of a bonehead move by Jacques Villeneuve at turn 2 halfway through the race.
- And lastly, the battle with Brad Keselowski and Kyle Busch to see who would come out on top at Watkins Glen in 2012.
Doing what he did best; giving it all on the road courses.